Easy Sweet Potato Green Curry

What a year it has been, AGAIN!  I know I have not kept up with blogging on a regular basis, but that is hopefully about to change.

My life these days is sure a lot different than it was a year ago.  I am now a mother to the most wonderful baby girl and my current career is stay-at-home-mom, which I couldn't be happier about.  Our baby girl even got to tag along (in my belly) for the half Ironman I did last summer (and I completed it just under my goal time in 6 hrs 29 min).

This blog may look a bit different these days, with more recipes focusing on postpartum recovery/nutrition and breastfeeding nutrition.  Right now, I am 10 weeks post c-section and have begun increasing my workouts by attending some yoga and Crossfit classes again.  It's a slow process of regaining my strength, but this is much better than taking things too fast and injuring myself.

Without further ado, I bring you the first recipe in over a year: Sweet Potato Green Curry!  This made a quick and delicious dinner last night, with leftovers that will last a few days.  The perfect kind of meal when you have an unpredictable schedule with a baby!

Easy Sweet Potato Green Curry
Yield: ~6 servings 
(totally depends on how big you fill your bowl though!)

Ingredients
  • 2 gigantic sweet potatoes (and I mean GIGANTIC!) or ~4 medium sweet potatoes, chopped
  • 1 jar green curry paste (4 oz.)
  • 2 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 can full fat coconut milk
  • 1 bunch kale, chopped
  • 12 oz. mushrooms, chopped
  • 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
Directions
*If cooking rice or meat to serve with this dish start with those first.

1) Heat a large stock pot on the stove over medium heat and add the 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.

2) Once the pan is hot, add the sweet potatoes and saute for about 3 minutes.

3) Stir the green curry paste in with the sweet potatoes.

4) Add the vegetable broth and coconut milk to the pot, stir in with the potatoes, and bring to a simmer.

5) Allow the sweet potatoes to simmer in this liquid for 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.

6) Add the kale and mushrooms to the pot, stir, and cook an additional 3-5 minutes until all vegetables are soft and ready to eat.

*Eat as is (like a soup) or serve on top of rice, cauliflower rice, quinoa, etc.  If you choose to serve it this way, begin cooking the grain before starting the curry.

Add any extra protein to this dish, if desired, such as chicken thighs or breast, tempeh, scrambled, eggs, etc.  I would cook the protein on the stove while the sweet potatoes simmer or in the oven before starting the curry.

-Brought to you from Erin's Kitchen

Comments