Erin's Infamous Bacon Raisin Cookies

WE WANT BACON!!!
Notice any similarities with the picture above?  ;)
The reason I am calling these cookies "infamous" is because every time I bring them to a party, they get devoured and I have at least one person ask for the recipe.  If you like cookies and bacon, then you will love these.  You can make these two different ways, depending on how much you care about being strictly Paleo or on how much you like chocolate.  My personal favorite is the the original recipe with raisins, but using "Paleo"ish chocolate chips is also very tasty!
I am also using this post as an excuse to add lots of pictures involving bacon :)  Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of these cookies yet, but I will add one the next time I make them!

Erin's Infamous Bacon Raisin Cookies
Yield: ~16 cookies

Ingredients
2 cups cashew meal (I found this at Trader Joe's)*
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup + 2 T coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 T honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
4-5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
5 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
1/2 cup raisins**

*Note 1: 2 cups of almond flour may be substituted for the cashew meal.  I have also used 1 cup cashew meal + 1 cup almond flour.

**Note 2: As a variation, you can substitute the raisins with 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I suggest Enjoy Life's dairy and soy free ones)

Directions

1) Preheat oven to 375°F.

2) In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (cashew meal down to nutmeg)

3) In a smaller bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (coconut oil down to the egg)

4) Pour your wet ingredients into your bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.

5) Stir in the crumbled bacon, chopped dates, and raisins.

6) Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.  Drop the dough in small balls (about 1 1/2 T sized) on the cookie sheet and press down to slightly flatten.

7) Bake for 13 minutes, or until tops start to turn golden brown.

*If your oven has a convection bake setting, it bakes the cookies very well, but reduce the cooking time to 10-11 minutes.





Comments