Creamy Mushroom Sauce

These pictures are really proof of how long it's been since I had updated things on here..Back at the beginning of February I did a competition in Philadelphia, called the Philadelphia Winter Warmer, which I had done last year as well.  Although I did not do quite as well as I would have liked, it at least let me know where my weaknesses still are.  And competing is always fun!



And now on to a recipe!Want to add some variety to your dinner?  Adding a sauce to some plain meat can really spice things up and add some great flavor.  I love when these sauces are quick and easy to make, but still very flavorful.  The sauce I am sharing with you today is a perfect example of such an easy and flavorful addition.

This sauce goes great as a topping on steak, but could also be used as a marsala sauce substitute for pasta or other meats as well.


Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Ingredients
2 Tablespoons coconut flour
1 cup coconut milk
1 small onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon coconut oil

Directions

1) Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.

2) Add your onions, garlic and mushrooms.

3) When the onions and mushrooms have become soft, remove from heat and spoon onto a plate.

4) Add the coconut flour and coconut milk to the skillet.  Stir until smooth.

5) Add the spices to the coconut milk mixture.

6) Return the onions, garlic, and mushrooms to the skillet and allow to simmer 5-10 minutes on medium-low heat.

Comments