Chocolatey-Nutty Banana Oatmeal

Some mornings I just crave hot oatmeal..Today was one of those mornings.  I like making my own and adding in a variety of toppings, but I'm posting my favorite combination if I'm looking for something just a little bit sweet.  I use plain oats so it doesn't have all the added sugar that the packets do (the only sweeteners I use for oatmeal are honey or agave nectar).  This recipe is quick, simple, and tastes delicious!  It's also easy to adjust the amounts of ingredients based on your own preference too (I don't always go for the cocoa powder, just honey, almond butter, and banana tastes great too).


Chocolatey-Nutty Banana Oatmeal

Ingredients
1/2 cup oats (I used Trader Joe's Gluten Free Oats)
1 cup water
1.5 Tablespoons raw unsweetened almond butter
2 teaspoons raw honey
1 teaspoon natural 100% cacao powder
1/8 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 small banana, sliced into bite-sized pieces

Directions
1) Cook oatmeal according to package directions (I like to do mine on the stove, but will use the microwave if I'm short on time).

2) When oatmeal has finished cooking, mix in the almond butter, honey, cocoa, almond milk and banana and stir until fully combined (and almond butter has nicely melted).

3) Taste and adjust amounts as necessary.

-Brought to you from Erin's Kitchen

Comments