Whole 30 Day 3 & Cashew Butter!

Day 3 and I'm still feeling pretty good!  Well, besides this cold and nasty cough I had to get 2 nights ago...But I'm doing what I can to get rid of that.  I was also a lot more hungry today than the first 2 days, making me want to snack a lot more in between meals.  I put together a quick and easy breakfast using some leftover chicken and homemade cashew butter.  This was my first experiment making my own nut butter and it actually was really easy.  I was a little skeptical about how my food processor would handle it (it's a little guy), but it came out nice and creamy!

I came across this website yesterday and have probably been on it more in the past day than I should..but it's awesome!!!! They have a huge selection of Whole 30 approved recipe, which makes it really convenient when trying to think of things to cook!  And did I mention they have pictures of every dish? :)

The Foodee Project


BREAKFAST

Leftover coconut lime chicken
2 beets, semi-cooked in the microwave (I was impatient...but they still tasted good anyway)
1 banana
A big spoonful of homemade cashew butter


To make your own nut butters, simply choose your nut of preference (I wanted to use cashews this morning), and add them to your food processor.  Then process until you have a creamy, buttery texture.  You will most likely need to stop and scrape down the sides several times during this process and it will take at least a few minutes.  Just don't give up! 

I used a 1/2 cup of cashews and it made about 2 servings of cashew butter.

LUNCH

Leftover spiced cauliflower rice
Pulled chicken
Fried egg
Half an avocado
1 small tomato


SNACKS

Carrots
Half a banana
Spoonful cashew butter
Cashews/almonds
Unsweetened coconut flakes

DINNER

Chicken
Steamed spinach
Orange slices and strawberries


-Brought to you from Erin's Kitchen

Comments