Whole30 Day 28 & Trying New Seafood

I've been substitute teaching for a few weeks now and here is what I have learned:
1) I definitely like middle school more than high school.  It took me a while to realize this, but now I know for sure.
2) I love subbing for science classes!

Today, I got to play another Bill Nye video! :) This time it was on nutrition...and sorry Bill Nye but this video is NOT correct with a lot of the statements on nutrition (at least not in my mind, especially after being paleo!).  However, we are all aware of the when the Bill Nye videos were filmed, so I'll give him some leeway for not necessarily knowing any different.

Now on to food...dinner today was the first time that I have had swordfish and I liked it!  I have learned this month that I really enjoy seafood and I've had fun trying different fish.  The swordfish was much meatier than other fish I have had.  Unfortunately, I did some research on seafood after dinner and discovered that swordfish contains high levels of mercury.  Looks like I at least won't be eating this fish too often, but every once in a while can't hurt much.  :)

BREAKFAST
Raw veggie cereal
Plum
2 turkey sweet potato meatballs
Black coffee

LUNCH

Paprika & oregano steamed chicken
Steamed spinach & broccoli
Celery/carrots
1/2 avocado

PRE/POST WORKOUT

Walnuts
1 steamed chicken tender
Handful sweet potatoes
1 clementine

DINNER (Courtesy of Dan!)

Lemon & clementine swordfish steak
Kale
Roasted carrots
Apricot

Comments