Whole30 Day 7 & Crockpot Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes

Maybe it's just the fact that I'm still a little sick, or I'm following along with the timeline for the Whole30...But I did feel pretty exhausted today.  I had orientation for student teaching (I can start working on Friday!) and I had my portfolio review, so I am OFFICIALLY finished with my M.A.T. program and ready to be a certified teacher! :)

I made these sweet potatoes on Sunday and they are DELICIOUS!  The sweet potatoes and onions really soaked up the coconut oil and there's just enough cinnamon to add some extra flavor.  The recipe was also super easy because you just throw a few ingredients in a crockpot and let it cook!

BREAKFAST

1/2 chicken breast
Crockpot cinnamon sweet potatoes and onions
Leftover fruit salad
Black coffee




Crockpot Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
Adapted from What I Gather

Ingredients

3 sweet potatoes, chopped into ~2 inch pieces
1.5 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1/2 to 3/4 red onion, diced
3/4 Tablespoon cinnamon
Pepper, to taste

Directions

1) Use 1Tablespoon of your coconut oil to grease your crockpot.

2) Add sweet potatoes, onion, cinnamon, and pepper to the crockpot.

3) Drizzle with remaining coconut oil and add the cinnamon and pepper.

4) Stir well to ensure that the sweet potatoes are relatively evenly coated.

5) Set the crock pot to low and cook for about 2 hours (The recipe I followed said to cook for 6-7 hours, I checked mine at 2.5 hours and they were definitely well done.  Tasted delicious, but were started to fall apart and turn more into mash.  2 hours should be a pretty good time, just check to see if they are soft).

LUNCH

Leftovers: Pork chop and carrots/rutabaga
1/2 avocado
A few olives/cashews

SNACKS

2 Hard boiled eggs
Carrots
A few cashews/almonds
Spoonful of sweet potatoes

DINNER

Steak
Collard greens
Cherry tomatoes and onions


-Brought to you from Erin's Kitchen

Comments