Whole30 Day 29 & Only 1 Day Left!

It's definitely hard to believe that we only have 1 day left of our Whole30!  This month flew by, but I enjoyed the changes that I made to my diet.  I look and feel much leaner and stronger than I did one month ago.  My overall health has also improved as a result of the Whole30 program.  I've enjoyed it so much that there isn't any non-Whole30 food I've been craving to have after the 30 days are officially over!  My plan is to stay Paleo and continue experimenting with new ways to prepare food, so that I can keep variety in my diet.  However, I won't be following the strictness of the Whole30 program on a daily basis.  I will probably incorporate some paleo foods that were not okay on Whole30, such as paleo desserts every once in a while, paleo pancakes, paleo muffins, etc.  Another important thing I have learned from completing the Whole30 is that additives, such as preservatives, sugar, and salt are not necessary and foods taste much better without them.

On to my day at work!  I got to substitute at the middle school that I interned at today.  It was great to see some of the students that I taught when I was there and the other teachers I worked with as well!  I definitely would not have learned as much as I did without the help of my mentor teacher there and I hope he knows how much I appreciate his help with my current job search.

BREAKFAST

4 turkey sweet potato meatballs
Leftover cauliflower mash
Handful roasted sweet potatoes
1/2 avocado
Americano

LUNCH

Paprika & oregano chicken
Steamed spinach & broccoli
Carrots
1 clementine

PRE/POST WORKOUT

Walnuts
4 slices dried mango
1 steamed chicken tender
Handful roasted sweet potatoes

SNACK

Handful grape tomatoes
Coconut water
A few walnuts

DINNER

Sauteed chicken breast with leftover pumpkin curry sauce
Massaged kale salad with clementine
Sauerkraut



The massaged kale salad I made for dinner was actually super easy and really tasty!  All I did was place about 2 cups of trimmed fresh kale in a large bowl and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of coconut aminos, juice from 1/2 a lemon, and a bit of black pepper.  To make it "massaged," simply use your hands to massage the liquids in with the kale.  This gives it more of a texture like cooked kale, even though you're eating it raw!  The clementine also added some great flavor to the dish.

Comments