Whole 30 day 22 - Steak and Sweet Potato Salsa Hash

My body is feeling like it's fully adapted to Whole30 foods and is also adapting to the increase in intensity in my training plan, yay! The last two weeks I had felt a bit sore and sluggish following my double run on Wednesday, but this time I felt fine the next day and got right up and hammered out my bike workout, a great start to day 22.  

Pre-bike: A piece of Sweet Potato Energy Bar and a cup of coffee

Breakfast: Piece of Hearty Breakfast Quiche, half an avocado, cup of coffee

Lunch: The usual (veggies, orange, half a chicken breast, half a sweet potato with coconut oil and hot sauce)

Dinner: Steak topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions, and sweet potato hash with the addition of collard greens, kale, and salsa (plus garlic, paprika, salt, and peppers to season). All components of the meal were cooked in skillets with coconut oil. This was my first time cooking whole steaks by myself and they turned out great! Andy normally insists that he cook the steaks on the grill, but since I was cooking before he got home from work I had the chance to give it a try myself :) 


Summary day 22: Bike workout felt great (well challenging, but great when it was over :p ) and my energy level held up well throughout the day. I've also noticed a change in my ability to go for longer between meals without being hungry. I used to be starving at work by 11 am and would fight eating lunch until 12, but this week I've been able to push lunch back to between 12 and 1 easily, making my meal timing much better for my second workout of the day. 


Comments