Whole30 day 8

Started day 8 with a terrible headache - I blame the bipolar weather swings we have been experiencing in Texas lately. I also haven't been sleeping very well, but I remember this happening at the beginning of my first Whole30 as well, so I'm hopeful that will change within the next week. The first time around it was about two weeks of poor sleep, followed by sleeping better than I ever have. 

After waking up with a headache, I quickly got the coffee brewing and drank a bunch of water, hoping the headache could have been due to dehydration. 

Breakfast: lots of water, cup of coffee, broccoli and mushroom omelet, side of sauteed spinach and kale.

For the omelet: steamed the broccoli and mushrooms in a microwave veggie steamer. Scrambled three eggs and cooked in an omelet pan on the stove. Added the vegetables and folded the egg pancake in half. Topped with salsa - Pace brand has a few salsas that comply with Whole30 guidelines. 

For the sweet potatoes: Sauteed shredded sweet potatoes and kale in coconut oil until sweet potatoes started to brown.


Lunch: The usual (veggies, orange, half a chicken breast, half a sweet potato with coconut oil and hot sauce)

Pre-workout snack: Piece of Sweet Potato Energy Bar and handful of almonds. 


Dinner: Grilled chicken and sauteed sweet potato and kale (I had a lot of Kale in the fridge that needed to be used, and was in a hurry to get dinner together, hence the lack of creativity/redundancy from breakfast....)









After dinner I wanted something other than water to drink while I sat and relaxed for a few minutes.  While I enjoy water, one of the things we found while doing our first Whole30 was that having a few other beverage options, like sparkling water or kombucha, make the process much more enjoyable. For my drink, I took a glass of sparkling water and   added two orange slices for flavor.



Summary of day 8: I was able to move past the headache and get on with my day. Still waiting for my sleep to get back on track and I'm looking forward to having time to try a few new recipes this weekend!

Comments